Build the staff you need and get help doing it. You have options to help offset the cost of hiring new people. Give your company the competitive advantage it needs by taking part in these business growth programs.
On the job training
The On-the-job-training program reinburses a percentage of the new employee's wages during training. Funded through the Federal Workforce Investment Opportunity Act (WIOA), the OJT program is administered through Massachusetts One-Stop Career Centers like FutureWorks.
- The OJT Program is a cost-effective way to staff positions with job-ready, pre-screened applicants
- YOU interview.
- YOU make the hiring decisions
Workforce Training Fund
The Massachusetts Workforce Training Fund Program is a state program, financed by Massachusetts businesses, for the purpose of providing resources to employers to better train Massachusetts workers. The priorities of the fund include projects which will result in:
- increased job retention or job growth
- increased wages/make more productive companies
- more competitive companies
- improved ability to do business in Massachusetts
WORKFORCE TRAINING FUND Programs
FAQs For General Program.
FAQs For Express Program.
Learn more from Robert Duncan firstname.lastname@example.org
Work Opportunity Tax Credit
What is WOTC?
The Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) is a Federal tax credit available to employers for hiring individuals from certain groups who have consistently faced significant barriers to employment.
WOTC joins other workforce programs that incentivize workplace diversity and facilitate access to good jobs for American workers.
How does WOTC Work?
The tax credit employers can claim depends upon the target group of the individual hired, the wages paid to that individual in the first year of employment, and the number of hours that individual worked. There is also a maximum tax credit that can be earned.
Who can I Hire?
- TANF Recipients
- SNAP (Food Stamp) Recipients
- Designated Community Residents (living in Empowerment Zones or Rural Renewal Counties)
- Vocational Rehabilitation Referral
- Supplemental Security Income Recipients
- Summer Youth Employee (living in Empowerment Zones)